Mental Health Foundation (UK), Tilia (Sweden), FRAYME (Canada)
About the host/co-host
The Mental Health Foundation is a UK charity that aims to find and address the sources of mental health problems through innovative programme design, research, policy work and public campaigns.
Tilia is a Swedish non governmental organisation that works for youth mental health. Tilia provides peer-support 365 days of the year, preventative education to peers and organisations, and advocates strongly for a youth perspective in all mental health issues. All of Tilia’s advocacy work, materials and services are rooted in youth reference groups.
Frayme is an international knowledge exchange network on integrated youth mental health care hosted in Canada. It facilitates collaboration between people and organizations from diverse disciplines, backgrounds and experiences to ensure that young people everywhere benefit from the latest knowledge in youth mental health and substance use care.
Theme of this match
This match aims to:
– Bring youth advocates and those engaging youth (professionals and leaders) together to share their experiences of youth engagement. This might be in service design and delivery (incorporating both mental health and integrated youth services), policy work and/or research.
– Identify a shared set of priorities around youth mental health.
– Explore ways to support youth to advocate for these shared priorities in a range of settings.
– Facilitate participation by youth representatives in other activities in the Leadership Exchange 2018 programme
– Share existing tools and resources to improve the quality of youth engagement.
– Visit a youth-led mental health support service in Sweden
The match will lead to good practice guidelines for youth involvement in services, practice, policy and research. More widely, the match aims to bring a strong youth voice to other areas of the conference, not only those pertaining specifically to the mental health of children and young people. Youth and youth allies will have both joint and separate conversations during this 2-day match, bringing their wisdom together to inform change.