Attendance at the Leadership Matches and Network meeting in Stockholm is free for mental health leaders from the eight member countries: Australia, England, Republic of Ireland, New Zealand, Scotland, Sweden and USA, as well as the Nordic countries: Norway, Finland and Denmark.
IIMHL & IIDL Network Meeting 2018
– Where leaders connect to build the future together
WHAT: IIMHL & IIDL 2018 Building Bridges Beyond Borders
WHERE: Stockholm: Quality Hotel Globe & The Stockholm Globe Annexet
WHEN: May 30th (evening) – Opening reception May 31st – June 1st – Network meeting
The network meeting is the second part of the full IIMHL & IIDL Leadership Exchange week (May 28 – June 1). We have designed the network meeting to provide an unique opportunity for YOU and 499 key leader colleagues to work, learn and reflect together as a network. It will further the work during the first part of the week (the thematic matches during Monday 28th and 29th – learn more about these at iimhl.se) to expand the focus to what we need to do to get the conditions for mental health & social inclusion of people with disabilities right for the future. We see a whole society for mental health and social inclusion as key to success and BUILDING – BRIDGES – BEYOND BORDERS as three interdependent keys to get there:
Key 1: Beyond Borders
How do we turn core ethical principles such as anti-stigma, human rights, social inclusion and culturally appropriate population-based approaches into the fundamental building blocks for a shared solid ethical ground for the future?
Key 2: Bridges
How can we work within and between everyday settings in our daily life to build a whole society for mental health & social inclusion of people with disabilities?
Key 3: Building
Which strategies and tools for knowledge generation, innovation and implementation best help us drive transformation toward the systems and services we want?
Working formats during the network meeting
- • Short presentations from the 2-day matches
- • Plenaries
- • Interactive sessions
- • Skill-building workshops
- • Larger & smaller seminars
- • Workspace for joint forward planning
- • Arts & Culture exhibits
Benefits to network meeting participants
- • Sharing & learning with leading colleagues about innovations, tools & experiences of systems and services transformation
- • Working together on what the future requires of them as leaders
- • Support in new approaches for active leadership
- • Building relationships with colleagues within and between sectors
- • Joint exploration of what it takes to build a whole society for mental health & social inclusion of people with disabilities