The network meeting is the second part of the full IIMHL & IIDL Leadership Exchange week (May 28 – June 1). We have designed the network meeting to provide an unique opportunity for YOU and 499 key leader colleagues to work, learn and reflect together as a network. It will further the work during the first part of the week (the thematic matches during Monday 28th and 29th) to expand the focus to what we need to do to get the conditions for mental health & social inclusion of people with disabilities right for the future. We see a whole society for mental health and social inclusion as key to success and BUILDING – BRIDGES – BEYOND BORDERS as three interdependent keys to get there.
Attendance at the Leadership Matches and Network meeting in Stockholm is free for mental health leaders from the eight member countries: Australia, England, Republic of Ireland, New Zealand, Scotland, Sweden and USA, as well as the Nordic countries: Norway, Finland and Denmark.
IIMHL & IIDL Network Meeting 2018
– Where leaders connect to build the future together
WHAT: IIMHL & IIDL 2018 Building Bridges Beyond Borders
WHERE: Stockholm – Quality Hotel Globe & The Stockholm Globe Annexet
WHEN: May 30th (evening) – Opening reception May 31st – June 1st – Network meeting
We see a whole society for mental health and social inclusion as key to success and that BUILDING – BRIDGES – BEYOND BORDERS are the three interdependent keys to get there:
Key 1: Beyond Borders
How do we turn core ethical principles such as anti-stigma, human rights, social inclusion and culturally appropriate population-based approaches into the fundamental building blocks for a shared solid ethical ground for the future?
Key 2: Bridges
How can we work within and between everyday settings in our daily life to build a whole society for mental health & social inclusion of people with disabilities?
Key 3: Building
Which strategies and tools for knowledge generation, innovation and implementation best help us drive transformation toward the systems and services we want?
Working formats during the network meeting
- • Short presentations from the 2-day matches
- • Plenaries
- • Interactive sessions
- • Skill-building workshops
- • Larger & smaller seminars
- • Workspace for joint forward planning
- • Arts & Culture exhibits
Benefits to network meeting participants
- • Sharing & learning with leading colleagues about innovations, tools & experiences of systems and services transformation
- • Working together on what the future requires of them as leaders
- • Support in new approaches for active leadership
- • Building relationships with colleagues within and between sectors
- • Joint exploration of what it takes to build a whole society for mental health & social inclusion of people with disabilities